We're excited to partner with Resene Paints and Building Design Queensland for this online seminar - Residential Color Strategies - presented by Dr Zena O'Connor.
Presentation overview - While hue is often thought to contribute to mood and ambience plus a sense of calmness or vitality in interior design, this is not supported by evidence. Color saturation and tonal value tend to have a greater impact than hue.
This online seminar explores a range of contemporary residential colour strategies and provides multiple strategies that are evidence-based and aimed at achieving particular outcomes for clients. This approach to residential colour schemes removes the sometimes-problematic subjective approach to colour scheme development and instead offers an outcome-focused approach to residential colour strategies.
- Understand the impact of variations of hue and tonal value in residential interiors.
- Recognize evidence-based colour schemes and how these can be used in residential contexts (Hushed Tonalities, Shadow Palettes, Polychromy, Biophilia).
- Recognize variations in ambience and mood arising from different combinations of color tonal values (Chords and keys).
- Understand the ‘New Neutrals’ colour strategy and the effective use of these in residential contexts.
- Recognize evidence-based colour effects and how these can be applied in residential interiors (Restorff/Isolation effect and Simultaneous Contrast).
To register, follow this link
Or, check out the Building Design Queensland website: https://bdqld.com.au/